Saturday, December 10, 2011

Glacial Billed Beanie

It's starting to get cold here and I realized I didn't have any hats for myself.  Of all the things I have made and given away, I, the knitter, had no hats to keep my noggin' warm on blustery days.  This oversight was not something I could stand for any amount of time. 

I had some beautiful Thick & Quick yarn in the Glacier colorway and set out to make my new hat.  The problem was to find a pattern that was more interesting that your basic hat.  I found a billed beanie on Ravelry that suited nicely.  The hat took no time to knit up as Thick & Quick is a bulky yarn that knits up as advertised--very quickly.

I misread the pattern and made the body portion too short.  When I finished the top of the hat, I added two rows to the bottom of the hat and then added the bill as the pattern stated.  I wish I had made the bill a little bigger, but am still very pleased with the end result.  Adding the two rows created a band around the hat that I quite liked too! So yay for happy misreadings!

Here is a picture of the hat:


No comments:

Post a Comment