Saturday, November 19, 2011

Moss Stitch Cowl

Decided to give my wrists a break last night and started this cowl.  After doing homework all afternoon, I took a break and knitted a hat for my lil sis's guy and finished the cowl.  The hat was knit in Lion Brand Thick & Quick in grey marble, simple pattern I just made up on the fly.  I add the purl round to keep the hat from curling due to the stockinette stitch.

Cast on 40 and join in the round, using US 13 circular needle, 16" long.
Round 1: Knit
Round 2: Purl
Knit every round until the hat covers the crown of your head
K6, K2tog, repeat to end of round
Knit to end of round
K5, SKP, repeat to end of round
Knit to end of round
K4, K2tog, repeat to end of round
Knit to end of round
Cut a long tail and thread yarn needle with tail
With hat still on the needles, thread tail through loops
Remove needle and pull tight
Weave in loose ends

This pattern took me about 2 hours.

Here's picture of the cowl:

No comments:

Post a Comment